Information for Authors
Submission of the articles, following general call for papers, should be sent via e-mail to the Journal's electronic address:
Images: Journal for visual studies adheres to a rigorous double-blind reviewing policy in which the identity of both the reviewer and the author are concealed from both parties.
All articles published in the Journal are fully open to access from all parties visiting the Journal's site. Quoting articles published in the Journal is welcome but with clear reference to source and authorship.
Covering letter: please attach to every submission a letter confirming that all authors have agreed to the submission and that the article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal.
Each submission should contain:
(1) Title page with full title and subtitle (if any). For the purposes of blind refereeing, full name of each author with current affiliation and full address/phone/fax/email details plus short biographical note should be supplied on a separate sheet.
(2) Abstract of 100-150 words
(3) 5-8 key words
(4) Main text and word count - suggested target is about 3500-7000 words. Text to be clearly organized, with a clear hierarchy of headings and subheadings and quotations exceeding 40 words displayed, indented, in the text
(5) End notes, if necessary, should be signalled by superscript numbers in the main text and listed at the end of the text before the references
(6) Illustrations can be used, but the authors themselves should inquire about the possibility of reproduction. They are also responsible for the quality of the supplied documents
(7) References in both the text and end notes should follow Harvard style whereby references should be cited in the text as (author, date: page) and an alphabetical references section follows the text. Examples below:
Surname, X.X. and Surname, Y. (year) Title with Initial Caps: Subtitle with Initial Caps. Place: Publisher.
Article in book
Surname, X.X. (year) 'Title of Chapter', in X. Surname and Y. Surname (eds) Title of Book, pp. xxx-xxx. Place: Publisher.
Surname, X.X. (year) 'Title of Article', Name of Journal vol.no. (issue no.): xx-xxx [page range].
Surname, X.X. (year) 'Title of Paper', paper presented at Name of Conference, City, Month of presentation.
Surname, X. (year) 'Title of Article', Name of Journal vol.no.(issue no.), URL (consulted Month, Year): http://xxxx.xxxx.xx.xx/xxxx/xxxx
(8) Reviewing process normally takes between two and three months, after which period authors will receive information from the editor regarding the final ststus of their submission.
(9) We can only accept articles in English.